Sunday, March 14, 2010

Awesome Photos!

Not to brag or anything, but these are some of the fabulous shots my Dad has taken:

Surf and Rocks


Tree Silhouette


My Beautiful Mother


My Studly Brother


My Charming Sister


Carnlough Bay


It isn't his profession, but my Dad's a pretty great photographer. As you can see, his landscapes are beautiful, and his people shots really capture the essence of the subject and what they are doing. I wish he could take even more people shots--they are so interesting--but he is very polite and doesn't want to take pictures of people without their permission.

When I started out at BYU I was an art major until I decided to change to English. I like to think that I got some of my Dad's artistic talent, as well as my Mom's--she has incredible talent for painting crafty things like ceramics and wood as well as knitting beautiful, complicatedly artistic sweaters, blankets and baby blessing outfits and hats.

7 comments:

Kristal said...

Those are great photographs!

Kara J said...

Your dad is an amazing photographer! I love all of his photos! (especially my engagements and bridals!) You're lucky to have his artistic talent too!

Lisa Ann said...

I love these pictures! Good choices Amy!

Rachel B said...

Wow, those really are amazing photos!!!

Jeff said...

What great pictures! I kind of want to steal the first one and use it as a background for my computer. Thanks for updating your blog!

A. Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.