Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Dream

You know how you're always in the middle of this exciting dream but you always wake up right before it finishes and you are annoyed because you want to know what happened? Well, last night, for the first time I can remember, I finished a dream! After it was over, I woke up a little, but not completely, so that I was in this semi-conscious state. And I felt completely satisfied. "That was wonderful" I thought, "so entertaining!" I began to think about writing it down in book form and publishing it. And then I really fully woke up, and I realized that was a stupid idea. But it was a great dream.

Anyway, what happened is that I was swimming in the BYU pool, and this guy came up and tried drowning me by holding me underwater at the bottom of the pool, but I escaped and came up and got out of the pool and began yelling "help" as loudly as I could. So then this really big marine guy came in with a stun gun and he tried to shoot him, but the guy was invincible and the gun had no effect. Then I kept yelling "help" and all sorts of more people came,but no one was able to shoot this guy, the bullets just bounced off of him. But then I found this old camera sitting there, and I found that if I took a picture of the bad guy it took his invincibility-ness away. So then I took his picture and we nabbed him and I finished my excellent dream.

It was an action adventure dream, high time entertainment at its greatest.

3 comments:

Kara J said...

Wow! That sounds thrilling! You should write a book- the little abstract you just wrote contains so many possibilities, and now I'm curious. :) Was the bad guy from your dream some sort of aboriginal sage from the outback of Australia? Capturing his soul to make him visible was a great idea. You're brilliant even while sleeping, Amy! I'm glad you liked the banana bread.

Jeff said...

Wow. Wow.

Lisa Ann said...

Your subconscious is incredible, I don't think mine is ever quite that ingenious! Wow, I am glad you saved yourself, I was thinking the Blue Streak was going to have to make an appearance, but you handled that wwith aplomb.